Work With Us!
CAREERS / INTERNSHIPS
We are not currently hiring interns at this time. If you'd like to be made aware of future opportunities, sign up for our email list.
Verily is a fashion and lifestyle site that celebrates the best of who you are. We feature fashion that is worthy of the woman, relationship articles that go beyond sex tips, and strong cultural and lifestyle journalism that goes beyond trends. Verily is the modern woman’s go-to guide on how to lead a fulfilling, integrated life. Verily loves to start conversations, and we need you to join!
As we provide our readers with the best possible content that will guide them, edify them, and most importantly, connect with them, we’re always seeking new voices. We cover many subject areas including but not limited to: feminine health, productivity and time management, style, general wellness, female objectification in the media, marriage, travel, books and television, dating, and much more. If you’re willing to dig deep, to provide a tailored and relatable perspective on the issues we all face, Verily is interested in hearing from you.
Here’s what we look for in the pieces we accept:
01. DEEP UNDERSTANDING: You don’t have to be an “expert” so to speak, but you must make it clear to our readers why they can trust your perspective.
02. SUPPORT: Is there research or are there cultural trends that confirm what you’re talking about? We like to see that there’s a precedent for why we’re choosing to cover something.
03. RESONANCE: When talking about popular topics, we look to see that writers are able to bring a new angle to the discussion and that they clearly understand our audience and brand.
04. CLARITY: Whether complicated health matters or tricks for mastering online dating, we want to give our readers information that is equally thoughtful and useful. How can they apply your perspective toward their own life?
05. ENJOYMENT: We want our content to be a delight to read. We appreciate sincerity that’s smart, humor that’s classy, and writing that informs as it entertains.
Here’s how our process works:
Submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Please make your subject line something you would consider a possible headline for the article. The catchier it is, the more likely it will stand out to us. The submission should be copied in the body of the email (NO attachments please). Also provide relevant links to any of your previously published work or social media channels.
We aren’t able to publish all of the pitches we get. We wish there were more hours in the day, but sometimes we don’t even have time to respond to everyone who submits. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of submitting a piece, please feel free to pitch it elsewhere. Most often, we only consider fully written submissions as opposed to idea pitches.
Our articles go through a minimum of two rounds of edits. Our team will use our expertise to headline and choose art for all articles. Verily retains the copyright for all articles we publish, and we will not accept pieces that have been published elsewhere already.