There are no fancy ingredients in this soup, but the herbs give it a really rich and hearty flavor. Every time we eat this we proclaim how much we love it!
Paleo: Swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes (if desired).
- Prep Time
2 quarts box vegetable broth
2 cup canned, diced tomatoes
2 small-medium potato, peeled and cut into about ½ inch cubes
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 stalks celery, chopped
6 oz. tomato paste
~ 2 tsp. Kosher salt
~ 2 tsp. dried oregano
~ 2 tsp. dried basil
~ 2 tsp. dried thyme
**Add more seasonings to taste.
Slow Cooker Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
2. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours, or until potatoes and other vegetables are tender.
1. Bring broth and diced tomatoes to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add vegetables and seasonings.
3. Add tomato paste.
4. Simmer 30 minutes – 1 hour, or at least until potatoes and carrots are cooked.