These crispy breaded zucchini are as delicious as they are easy.
Note: The eggs and breadcrumbs needed may vary according to the size of your zucchini.
2 medium zucchini
2 cloves garlic, minced*
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c panko breadcrumbs
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 c cooked rice, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450. Line a large jelly roll pan or baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Slice zucchini into thin rounds. Use a paper towel to blot away extra moisture.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs together with lemon juice and garlic.
4. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. One by one, dip each zucchini slice into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Lay in pan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes; flip slices over, then bake for another 15 minutes. Zucchini should be cooked through and crispy on the outside. Serve over rice.
*Note: If you don't have fresh garlic, add 1 tsp garlic powder to the breadcrumb mixture instead.