One day my kids wanted to make homemade tortillas, so we bought a gigantic bag of masa harina. What do I do with the rest of it? We can only eat so many tortillas! Then I thought of corn pancakes, which I adore in any form. These are dense and satisfying. Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 cup masa harina
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
Maple syrup, for serving
½ cup blueberries
½ cup raspberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
1. Stir together masa harina, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, and melted butter in a 2 cup glass measuring cup or medium bowl.
3. Then pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. The batter will be thick.
4. Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly butter the pan. Pour ¼ cup batter onto the pan for each pancake. Flip pancakes when the bottom is lightly browned and bubbles begin to form on top. Continue cooking until the second side is also lightly browned.
5. Serve pancakes with maple syrup.
Combine berries in a small bowl and serve alongside pancakes.