Enjoy this spin on asparagus over rice for a crunchy, flavorful dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 bundle asparagus
1/2 c flour
3/4 c Italian-style breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
3-4 c cooked rice
1. Wash asparagus thoroughly. Snap off bottoms of stalks.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large plate.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs until beaten.
4. Spread breadcrumbs on another large plate. Line them up in the order: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. One at a time, roll each asparagus spear in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs, making sure to coat all sides. Lay gently in skillet (be careful; olive oil may splatter).
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes, gently turning every so often, until asparagus is slightly tender and bright green. Cook in batches if necessary.
8. Serve over rice.