I love that the creaminess in this soup does not come from cream!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes, finely diced
2 c celery, diced
¼ c olive oil
6 c water or chicken stock, divided
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
8 oz chopped ham
1 tsp dill weed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil until golden.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, and 3 c water or stock (if using water, add ½ tsp salt). Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer. Begin checking after 10 minutes and remove from heat when vegetables are tender.
- Scoop half of the sweet potato-celery-onion mixture into a food processor or blender and puree (or scoop into a bowl and use an immersion blender) with ¼ c olive oil. Scrape back into pot.
- Stir in bell pepper, ham, dill, and remaining 3 c water or stock. Heat over medium heat and bring to gentle simmer (don’t boil). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes then serve.