This chickpea salad is hearty enough to eat for dinner, served with a salad or fresh fruit. You’ll be happy you have leftovers for the rest of the week—such an easy and healthy lunch!
- Prep Time
2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ c celery, diced (about 2 stalks)
½ c dried cranberries
½ c chopped walnuts
¼ c green onions, thinly sliced
Leafy greens or whole wheat bread, for serving
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or glass measuring cup.
2. Add chickpeas to a medium mixing bowl and smash them slightly using a fork (leave some whole, but smash most of them).
3. Add celery, dried cranberries, walnuts, and green onions and mix together.
4. Add dressing and mix to combine. Add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve on leafy greens or on whole wheat bread.