Up your burger game with sweet potatoes, onions, and spices in this quick weeknight-friendly recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic
1 sweet potato
1 lb ground chicken
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
Spinach, for serving
1. Finely dice onion and sweet potato. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
2. Add onion and sweet potato to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, until sweet potato is soft and onion is translucent (the smaller the dice, the faster they will cook). Toward the end of cooking, add garlic.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken and sweet potato mixture. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
4. Shape mixture into 4-6 patties.
5. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the burgers (in batches, if necessary) and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 and burgers are browned on both sides (4-5 minutes on each side).
5. Serve over a bed of spinach or your favorite bun alternative.