The Mexican-Asian fusion dish is quick, easy, and a great blend of flavor. The chicken and peppers can also be served over rice, if you wish.
Vegetarian: Use portobello mushrooms or tofu instead of chicken (if the latter, marinade for several hours prior to cooking).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 lb chicken breast
Cheese (if desired)
Flour tortillas or lettuce wraps
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp lime juice
1. Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Slice the chicken and bell peppers into strips. Coat both the chicken and the peppers separately with the marinade. You can let the chicken and peppers soak in the marinade for a few hours, or you can begin cooking right away.
3. Brown chicken with about a tablespoon of olive oil on the stove in a nonstick saucepan or stovetop wok.
3. Reduce heat to warm and the bell peppers. Add more olive oil, as needed. Cook until peppers are soft and slightly charred. Remove from heat.
4. Serve on flour tortillas or lettuce wraps. Garnish with as much salsa and cheese you desire.