These burgers are so tasty! A great sauce really amps up a burger. If you make these in the summer and happen to grow chives in your garden like we do, chives work really well in place of the green onions.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free rolls.
Vegetarian: Use your favorite veggie or black bean burger; omit bacon.
Paleo: Make your own Paleo buns like these; omit cheddar cheese or use Paleo cheese; use Paleo-friendly mayonnaise.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
4 slices thick-sliced bacon, cooked to crispy
1 1/3 lbs ground beef
Salt and pepper
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 c mayonnaise
1 tsp ground cumin
4 green onions, thinly sliced
4 crusty hamburger rolls
1 c spring mix lettuce
1. For the green onion mayo, mix the mayonnaise, cumin, green onions, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Form the beef into 4 equal sized patties, about ½ inch thick. Season the patties with salt and pepper.
3. Grill or pan fry until they reach desired doneness.
4. Place one slice of cheese on the top of each patty and allow to melt slightly.
5. Place rolls on grill or in pan to toast, if desired.
6. To assemble burgers, spread both sides of each roll with a generous layer of the green onion mayo. Then place a layer of spring mix on the bottom bun, followed by the burger, and then a slice of bacon (break it in half and place evenly on bun). Place the top of the bun on top.