We love braids as much as the next girl, but sometimes we like to change it up. Faux braids are great for adding a little creativity to your everyday hairstyles. We previously showed you how to make a great faux fishtail. But the fun doesn’t stop there. For the winding-, weaving-, hair twisting–challenged among us, here’s our latest—the faux French braid.
1. Begin with a half ponytail.
2. Split the ponytail’s base above the hair tie to make an opening.
3. Flip the ponytail into the opening.
4. This should look like a regular inside-out ponytail.
5. Create another ponytail below the first ponytail, and remember to include the top ponytail’s tail in the second ponytail.
6. Split the hair between the first and second ponytail, and create another gap.
7. Flip the second ponytail into the gap.
8. This should create another inside-out ponytail below the first one.
9. With the remaining bottom section of hair, create another ponytail including the tails of the previous ponytails.
10. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you have three inside-out ponytails all connected.