Plane, train, bus, or car—however you’re getting to your weekend away, don’t be bogged down with heavy luggage. Packing a few versatile pieces is the best way to ensure that you will have a variety of outfit options and won’t have to stress about packing and hauling any unnecessary items. We packed our ideal vacation bag. Here’s what’s inside!
01. Sailor-Striped Sweater, $70: Get your nautical on with this boat-ready sweater. It’s perfect for when summer nights get a little chilly. A sweater like this can be thrown over just about anything and still look summertime-chic. It’s lightweight, so it won’t take up too much space.
02. Keyhole Sunglasses, $18: Because no vacation outfit is complete without some shades. This rimless pair looks a bit classier than a plastic rimmed pair, so it’s great for dressing up your relaxed weekend outfits.
03. Earbud Headphones, $42: Can you ever really travel without them?
04. Boyfriend T-Shirt in gray, $21: The perfect neutral top to go with any of your bottoms. This will be comfy and keep you cool in the heat. Dress it up with a statement necklace, or keep it casual with just your shades.
05. Cleansing Facial Wipes, $5: Traveling often equals long days out exploring. Give yourself a quick midday refresh with these. They also come in handy if you’re feeling just a little too lazy to wash your face at night.
06. Ultra Lightweight Sunblock, $28: There’s never an excuse to not pack the SPF. Whether you’re on the beach or the trails, this skin-saver is a must.
07. Phone Lens, $20: Cameras can be bulky. Try this clip-on camera lens for your iPhone, and tell your Instagram followers to watch out!
08. Boyfriend Jeans, $26: Slouchy boyfriend jeans are endlessly versatile. You can wear them with anything. Pair with a cotton tee and sneaks for a casual look, or dress them up with wedges and a blouse. These jeans will easily transition from daytime to dinner out.
09. Originals Sneaker in white, $75: Plain white sneakers are everywhere right now. Throw on a comfy dress with these kicks, and you’re good to go.
10. Open Back Dress, $39: This Joe Fresh cotton LBD is perfect for a weekend getaway. It doesn’t wrinkle, it takes up minimal suitcase space, and you can dress it up or down.
11. Ear Plugs, $6: For when the person in the seat (or bed) next to you gets a little snore-happy.
12. Elephant-Print Bag, $20 (similar): The soft fabric of this weekender tote is flexible, so you can pack everything in it for travel. Once you arrive, use it to carry just the essentials for a beach day or exploring.
13. Relaxed Cardigan in white, $29: The comfortable fabric is great for lounging around a cabin, and the scarf-like draping in the front lets it pass as dressier if you want to wear it in the evening with your LBD.
14. Swim Dress in rouge, $40: Who doesn’t love a bright-red, vintage-inspired bathing suit? Use the white cardigan as a cover-up, and you’re beach ready.
15. Teva Original Sandal, $40: The ultimate outdoorsy sandal is back—this time making appearances beyond camp sites. We are always happy when fashion meets comfort, especially when traveling. A sleek gray or black pair are surprisingly versatile. Rock them with your boyfriend jeans, lounge pants, and even your LBD.
16. Striped Palazzo Pants, $15: These billowy, Katharine Hepburn–esque lounge pants double as chic outerwear or pajama pants. Even if they get a little wrinkled, they’ll still look good, and the fun print livens up your vacation ensemble. Pair with the cotton tee, or throw them on over your red suit for a retro beach vibe.