For most of us, a professional blowout at the hair salon only happens after our routine haircuts. As we walk out of the salon doors, we revel in the shiny locks and bouncy volume fit for a shampoo commercial. But you don't have to wait for your next hair appointment to feel fabulous for a day! Professional makeup artist and hair stylist Liz Schroeder helps simplify the seemingly intimidating process with rollers and a boar-bristle brush—no blow-dryer needed. Get the hair of your dreams with this easy step-by-step tutorial.
You will need:
medium Velcro rollers (try 1.5-2" size)
01. Using the sectioning clips, separate hair into four sections: one mohawk section on the top of the head, two on either side of the ears going forward, and one in the middle back of the head.
02. Starting with the top of the head, use three Velcro rollers in each section. Now you'll have a bunch of sub-sections.
03. Now you're going to flat-iron each of these sub-sections. While the hair is still hot, re-wrap it around a Velcro roller and secure with a metal clip. Repeat this step all around the head until the hair is set in rollers.
04. Allow the rollers to cool completely, about 15 to 20 minutes.
05. Remove the rollers. Brush through the hair using a boar-bristle brush for a smooth, voluminous finish. Or use your fingers instead for a soft, tousled look.
06. Spritz with hairspray to finish your glamorous style!