An embellished satin wedding sash is a gorgeous addition to most bridal gowns. But forking out hundreds for a belt you'll most likely wear once is hard to swallow. Instead try making your own wedding sash—it's shockingly simple, I promise!
You will need:
wide silk ribbon (at least 1 yard)
floral lace appliqués (I used two, but judge based on the size and how far around you want them to go)
strong craft glue (such as E6000)
double-sided tape (optional)
flat-back rhinestones (optional)
01. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Arrange your appliques along the center of the ribbon. (I'd suggest testing your arrangement out with double-sided tape and seeing how it looks against your dress before gluing it down.)
02. Using a toothpick, apply small dots of glue to the back of each appliqué.
03. Focus on the thicker parts of the appliqués, as well as the edges.
04. Press down gently to secure. Let dry overnight.
05. If you want some extra sparkle, add flat-back rhinestones directly to the appliqués. Rearrange the rhinestones until you are happy with the placement.
06. Glue the rhinestones in place, using a toothpick and small dots of glue. Let dry and you're done!