You’re in a vulnerable place when your mind is in your stomach. But keeping an arsenal of recipes in your back pocket will enable you to reconcile ravenous moments when they happen. Instead of reaching for a bag of pretzels or that leftover chocolate bar, prep your fridge with snack ingredients for the week. Here are five healthy snacks with a twist on nutrient-rich superfoods like kale, avocados, eggs, yogurt, and granola.
01. Did you know that one avocado has more potassium than a banana? It’s excuse enough to stock your fridge with these luscious little guys. Cookin’ Canuck makes mini quesadillas with avocados, hummus, and cheese. They’re delicious and only sixty-six calories each!
02. High in fiber and rich in vitamins, kale has become a go-to for health-conscious eaters. Tastes Better from Scratch dresses hers up with garlic, sea salt, olive oil, and Parmesan. Throw them in the oven and, in less than twenty minutes, you’ll have crispy and delicious chips you can munch on guilt-free!
03. Street-style tea eggs are a popular high-protein snack in China and Taiwan. Simmer them in tea and a blend of spices over low heat. Two Red Bowls whipped these up throughout her first year of law school so you know they’re perfect for busy snackers to grab on the go.
04. Yogurt and fruit are fine on their own, but they turn into a decadent dessert-like treat when frozen. Dip berries in yogurt and pop them in the freezer. Or follow suit with May I Have That Recipe? by mixing pomegranate seeds, Greek yogurt, and your preferred sweetener. Freeze them in square ice trays for two to three hours before cozying up with these little bites.
05. A perfect parfait saves the day for snackers with a sweet tooth. The Healthy Apple customizes hers with fresh cherries, dairy-free coconut yogurt, and gluten-free granola. Experiment with your own favorite flavors, changing up the fruit/yogurt/granola combo as often as you like.