We have caught Spring Fever, especially when it comes to dreaming of breezy summer dresses, swinging on light sweaters, and slipping on sandals . . . we can barely remember those days! But, if you're expecting a little one in the coming months, you may not be as excited about the prospect of shopping for springtime clothes (eek, a swimsuit!) or adapting the pieces you already have in your closet as your body continues to change.
Something to keep in mind is that there are a number of pieces you can wear, pregnant or not, such as slightly looser blouses and dresses, skirts, as well as slightly stretchy pants, or jackets and bright, trendy accessories. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Ivanka Trump summed up nicely that "skirts in a fabric that has a bit of stretch paired with loose blouses tucked in 'are quite easy to adapt' from early to late pregnancy." And, "the blazer is key—a great blazer in white or black does a great job in terms of creating a better silhouette than a 'boxy dress' designed for pregnant women."
But there are also certain pieces in your wardrobe that just won't work as your body progresses in pregnancy and will require some shopping. Lucky for us, we have the inside scoop on the best maternity-wear resources from our two beautiful editors who are both expecting—congrats to Mary Rose and Krizia! They've shared their favorite places to shop as well as tips and tricks on how to make the most of your wardrobe throughout the nine months of anticipation. Below are the best places to score the basic staples you'll live in, while playing with jackets, blazers and accessories.
01. FOR BASICS,STORQ: Storq has basic bundles consisting of 4 versatiles pieces—leggings, tank-top, dress, and skirt—and they show you how to style them. Bonus, they also have pregnancy-safe beauty and body products!
02. FOR AFFORDABLE TRENDS, ASOS: They have great sales, and the quality stands up to lots of wear and tear. You'll also find cool and casual dresses and funky T's aplenty.
03. FOR LIVE-IN TROUSERS, J.CREW: These may be more pricey, but you'll wear these pants so often it's worth the investment. Having 3-4 high quality pants is one of Krizia's top secrets, as she lives in them everyday!
05. FOR COMFY DRESSES,SHABBY APPLE & OLD NAVY: Shabby Apple has a few adorable maternity-friendly dresses, and Old Navy has a great stock of strapless summer frocks. Have 3 or 4 different dresses on hand to rotate through your wardrobe.
06. FOR INVESTMENT PIECES,ISABELLA OLIVER & HATCH: Great gems are to be found on Isabella Oliver's outlet and sale site! And for a special occasion, the Hatch Collection's silky dresses are just divine.
07. FOR SKINNY JEANS + SUMMER SHORTS,MOTHERHOOD MATERNITY & LOFT: Mary Rose loves the Jessica Simpson line at Motherhood Maternity, as well as the cute skinny jeans. It's also tough to find flattering shorts for the hot months, but Loft has a perfect pair.
08. FOR STELLAR SWIMWEAR, MOTHERHOOD MATERNITY & TARGET: Yes, you can find cute suits that also become your shape, thanks to Motherhood and Target's selection that provide silhouettes and patterns you'd want to wear regardless if you're expecting.