My mom always said the best present is something you would wish to receive yourself. So, I have to admit, while brainstorming gift ideas fit for the fashionable woman, I was thinking of items I'd love to see under my own tree! There's no reason to fret or feel intimidated by the prospect of Christmas shopping for your stylish best friend, sister, or mother. You can sidestep the dicey guesstimates over sizing by not actually purchasing clothes (I know, counterintuitive when you're shopping for someone who loves clothes!); accessories, beauty products, and books are universally flattering. Also, you know them best, so trust your eye and go for something more practical that you think they may actually use.
One last confession; I may have been thinking of my own budget as well, as these 5 finds are under $25! Pretty and practical? Check. Affordable? Double check.
1. A purse or pocket book is clutch—pun intended. This Dorothy Perkins Faux Fur Purse ($9.00) is an incredible steal on sale right now. You don't want to miss this, even if for yourself!
2. G by Guess Metal Flower Statement Necklace ($16.50) in either silver or gold is the perfect bold and sparkly accessory to dress up any staple, and just in time for New Years' Eve parties.
3. Style Book: Fashionable Inspirations ($20.36) is a gorgeous coffee table book or timeless keepsake for women of all ages who love to learn about the history of trends and how to cultivate ones own personal style.
4. Warm and cozy faux fur mittens from ShopRuche.com ($18.99) are absolutely darling and practical.
5. I love Butter London nail polishes for the "3 Free" promise—free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP—so safe for you and the environment. Even more, I love a good beauty gift set (lip gloss and nail lacquer? Yes please!), especially in lovely gold tones, like Lips and Tips West End Wonderland ($25.00).