Christmas is the time for fun and entertainment. And, for many of us, the perfect gift to receive is the kind we really want but couldn't bring ourselves to buy. Which is why some of the best gifts you can give are ones that will literally force your loved ones to take it easy, enjoy a good read, or have a good laugh.
Below are some gift ideas from the fun smorgasboard of our culture's offerings:
1) You can never go wrong with a timeless tale such as The Giving Tree by Shell Silverstein.
2) For the thoughtful cinephile, snag a DVD of Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)—a true story of how the holiday spirit overcomes division, guaranteed to soften even the Grinch's heart.
3) Let's face it; we all secretly want to upgrade from our standard-issue earbuds to something a little more exciting. We like the look of Urban Ears DJ Headphones in Gray or their more affordable cousin Headphones in Ocean.
4) Is there a way to wrap joy in a box? One way is by giving the Crosley Portable Turntable Record Player, along with a specially picked LP, for some vintage-inspired musical joy.
5) If you're really stumped for a gift idea, you can never go wrong with a classic: A Christmas Story: 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD. If your friend is an uber-fan of the movie, top it off with the hilarious Christmas Story Ornament Set!
Still searching for the perfect gift? Well this one goes without saying: a gift subscription to Verily of course!