When it comes to stuff, I'm all about minimalism and functionality. Whether I'm rushing through the airport with my Kindle or busting out my hors d'oeuvres platter to entertain at home, it's the gifts I use on a day-to-day basis that enable me to remember and appreciate their givers most.
Thoughtful presents which are carefully tailored to your recipient's hobbies, habits, and interests warm their hearts long after the holidays have passed. When thinking about what to get your loved ones this Christmas, put yourself in their shoes. Is he or she a traveler? foodie? adventurer? new parent? Whether he or she works from home or commutes on the metro, prefers staying in with a glass of wine over exploring the great outdoors, the perfect gift to make their hectic life a little prettier—and easier!—is out there. Here are some of my picks:
1. The lucky recipient of this Personalized Hand Stitched Luggage Tag will never again go through the trouble or embarrassment of misidentifying her chicly accessorized suitcase.
2. The Brooklyn Slate Cheese Board, sustainably sourced from their family's third generation quarry in upstate New York, can also serve as an appetizer platter or trivet for resting hot dishes!
3. Boasting 16 tools including a screwdriver, tweezers, scissors and a can opener, this sleek purse or pocket friendly Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer Swiss Army Knife is an adventurous scout's best friend.
4. The Moleskine Folio Digital E-Reader Cover is a clever disguise that mimics the iconic design of the original Moleskine notebook.
5. Disaster Designs' Bloom of the Loom Travel Mug enables the woman on the run to sip her morning blend–hot or cold–in style.
6. Holding up to 1,100 books, Kindle Paperwhite is perfect for ravenous readers who spend a lot of time traveling or moving from place to place.