Oddly enough, I have never been one to care much about having a wedding. I could elope and be just as happy. The marriage proposal is the main thing I care about. Perhaps that’s why I feel validated that YouTube marriage proposals have been going viral in the past year.
Some people feel that proposals should be private. But I can't get enough of watching happy people in one of the happiest moments of their lives. It makes for a great pick-me-up on a dull day, and pageviews would indicate I’m not the only person who thinks so. I hope these few favorites of mine make you smile too.
1. Meme Proposal: This guy’s total state of nervousness makes him that much more adorable. I have watched this, I would guess, at least 30 times and I cry every single time. This is by far my absolute favorite marriage proposal ever.
2. Bryant Park Flash Mob Proposal: Flash mobs are another proposal favorite. What makes this one special is the sheer number of people involved. Her face and confusion-turned-amazement makes this even more perfect!
3. Proposal at Rundle Mall: Her reaction once she opens her eyes makes this whole video. His Australian accent doesn’t hurt either, am I right?
4. Jamin’s Downtown Disney Flash Mob: Despite the fact that this song is a bit overused, this proposal video is adorable. I can’t imagine how nervous he was—not only about the proposal, but to remember the dance moves as well. Jamin's mind must have been racing when he ran out and started dancing for his girl's hand.
5. U.S. Air Force soldier surprise proposes to a beloved childrens’ dance teacher: Uh! Forget about it. Soldier, children, final dance recital—grab a tissue. This pulls at possibly every heartstring I have.